Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 35-37 - Sickness/Stomach flu

Aarrgghhhhhh!!

What a crazy few days I have had.

It basically began with me waking up at 3am and vomitting. And then not feeling well for a few days after that. I havn't even thought about the Earth Diet. I had pretty much just slept... slept... puked... slept... drank water... slept... puked... cry. haha

I havn't eaten any food except yesterday (day 37) I had some dry crackers.. I know it's not Earth food but I didn't really care at that point, it was something I was taught growing up when you have a queesy stomach.. helps settle you down. I also drank Gatorade to try and get my fluids back to normal.

Now that I'm beginning to feel slightly better, I'm asking myself a few questions...

If when you are nausaus and have a stomach bug... what can you eat to help your tummy that is Earth food? Growing up my mum taught me to have some dry crackers (took me a couple of days to actually be able to do that though)

By doing a quick look on the internet it is telling me to... rest (check), drink fluids (check), and as for food... everything I'm reading so far is telling me to eat dry crackers (check) or bananas. So, on The Earth Diet it seems that bananas are the way to go... however, to be honest, when I was feeling the way I was feeling the idea of eating anything like bananas made me want to barf. As I said, it took awhile to get to the point to eat and keep down dry crackers... bananas to me seems like a different ball game.

For the first time (I write this on day 38), I actually have an appetite again... but I'm afraid to eat! And I feel so turned off food. Especially salmon and salad and fruit! They were the last things I ate before I had my barf fest.

Ugh I hate this.

I want to continue with the Earth Diet but my stomach feels so jumbled it feels like it wouldn't keep it down right now.

I'm sure I just have to keep recovering and getting better... and before you know it I will be right back on the wagon and doing well again.

Liana and Sarah, maybe you could shed some light on this? Have you ever had a stomach bug when on The Earth Diet, and if you did, what foods did you eat (and could keep down) that helped you?


No comments: