Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Declaration!!

Hello all...

You may or may not have noticed my absence... 

It has been a busy few weeks. I have... packed up a house, given away furniture and clothes to various charities and friends, travelled to Vancouver Island to say good bye to the in-laws, had my last day (emotional!) at work, said good bye to friends, packed my suitcases, re-packed my suitcases as they were too heavy and had to throw out MORE clothes (nooo), stayed in motels, flew from Canada to Australia, moved back in with the parents (temporarily), unpacked my suitcases, picked Dustin up from the airport (different flight), caught up with friends, secured my old job (start end of the month!), travelled a few hours to see family, drove Dustin around for job interviews, opened bank accounts, began organising a wedding.... and... ate a lot of fast food.

I feel like shit. 

Don't get me wrong.. I don't necessarily regret eating the fast food... many of the foods I've been eating I was craving for a year and a half living in Canada... I'm glad I ate it... because now I realise that the memory I had of it in my mind were all wrong. I had forgotten that they don't make me feel good. That I feel bloated and sluggish and like I have a hangover. 

Anyways, it's been a week since I returned home to Australia... and it's been an emotional week. What I'm feeling right now is what people refer to as reverse culture shock. Coming back to a familiar place... realising how much you have changed as a person... and trying to find your way in an old environment. It's been a confusing week. A roller-coaster week of emotions. Excited to be home, excited to see people... but missing the freedom and the challenge of living abroad. I think it'll take a good few weeks to feel settled again.

So... today is a new day. I'm determined to get back onto the Earth Diet!!! I will begin back on Day 1. I've changed a few "rules" for myself also. Once a week I will allow myself some non-earth chocolate (I'll be honest, I received a lot of chocolate for christmas and I just can't part with it haha). I will try to write daily, as it keeps me accountable, however things are still pretty busy right now so if I miss a day I will not beat myself up. 

Here are my declarations for the year 2012 (so far): 
  • 2012 will be my healthiest year yet! With food and fitness. I will find a new boxing gym to be a part of here. 
  • By my wedding in January 2013 I will lose the last 5 kg's. 
  • I want to be fully alive in every way. I want to live each day to it's fullest. 
  • I want to love my friends and family fully, and to love myself. 
  • There are some career changes I want to see in my life. I want to remain in the field I work in but begin working in a different position... 
  • I want to be outside more, watch less TV, and complain less about the weather (haha)
I'm feeling so much more positive since writing this. I kept saying... "Today I will start the Earth Diet again"... and then I would continue binging on crappy food. Sometimes you just have to make a choice... even if you don't feel it. I'm choosing to eat Earth Foods again... I'm choosing to be happy and get over this "rut" I am feeling right now. 

Love and peace to you all !!! xo


2 comments:

Amie said...

Hi Samantha :)

Yay congrats to being back in Australia :)

Chizelle said...

Woo Hoo!

2012 is going to be amazing for you.
Those are awesome declarations Samantha!

A friend of mine is setting up her Ten Commandments for 2012, it's such a great idea that I'm going to do the same :)

Love your commitment to yourself xoxo