Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 30-34 - I'm alive!!!

Hey everybody!!!

Wow!!! It's been 5 days since I last wrote. I am so sorry. When I started this blog I had committed that I would write daily. It's been crazy busy for me here (as I'm sure it is for you guys also, it being the christmas season and all!)

As you know I'm moving back to Australia in less than two weeks. There has been so much to organize and do. Over the weekend a good friend of ours also arranged an engagement party for us! It was so sweet of them and we had the most amazing time. Sadly, that night was when we had to say good bye to a few people because we won't be able to see them before we leave. Leaving Canada gives us bitter-sweet feelings. I'm so excited to go home and see my friends and family (it's been a year and a half), and to enjoy summer!!!! Summer in Canada was incredible but nothing like an Australian summer. I think the hottest day we had was about 23 degrees celcius here! (Good thing we went to Cuba to soak up some hot sun). I'm also incredibly sad to leave Canada because I have made some great friends here (who I will see again, ofcourse!), and I absolutely love my job. Also, Canada is such a beautiful country. Everytime we go for road trips, or simply a walk around the city, I'm constantly amazed at the beauty of Canada.

Here are some photos I took in Canada! :)






How amazing is the Earth! How beauitufl is Canada? The pictures of the blue water (Lake Louise), you'd be surprised to hear that I took that in SUMMER. And in the background you can still see snow! How crazy is that? The water is sooo blue because it is glacier water! Beautiful!

Anyways... how have I been on the Earth diet for the past 5 days? Alot has happened and it feels like a million years ago. It's been an emotional 5 days. I broke down in the office of my chiropractor. My back is at it's worst right now, and he has strongly advised that when I go home to have a blood test done to see if there is anything else going on. I'm determined to see my back and neck be pain-free! I will do the blood test and see if there are any vitamin deficiencies, and I plan to continue eating pain-fighting foods... weekly massages... spinal adjustments... stretching and strength training. It's just a process that I am beginning to be frusrated by.

I've also had really good days... I've been feeling so alive and healthy. As of Christmas I will no longer have my juicer... for a whole week.. until I go home. My mum got me a juicer for christmas :) So I'm wondering how I will go in that week after christmas, leading up to our depature. Most of our house hold belongings will be gone. And we won't have a bed anymore... or a couch... or lamps... or pots and pans... or tv... or... anything. Except for a blow up mattress. Should be interesting!

I must confess... on the day of our engagement party I did not eat earth foods! I had a burger... and cheese... and lots of finger food. The next day I definitly felt bloated and slightly sick! (Or it could have been because I was hungover!)

This post is about a new commitment to my health and a commitment to The Earth Diet. I expect there may be some more ups and downs until we settle in Australia, we will be crazy busy from now until probably the first week of being back home. I will do my best to write everyday. And I promise that I commit to the Earth Diet and I will endeavour to try my hardest. I love the way I feel on this, and the way I look! And I'm not going to give up.


One more thing! On Sunday one of my friends Shari and her husband Mike offered to shoot us some engagement photos. She is such a talented photographer, if you ever would like to use her services check out Shari and Mike photography. They are based in Vancouver but would pretty much travel anywhere. Here are a couple of photos she has already given us (more to come!) Thank you Shari !

1 comment:

Amie said...

Wow these pictures are just beautiful :)