Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 23- Creativity

"Creativity comes from looking for the unexpected and stepping outside your own experience."
-Masaru Ibuka-




As I continue on the Earth Diet I am learning that it does not have to be boring or bland. I think a lot of people have perceptions of what eating from the earth would look like. That it is tasteless, that you're limited and that you cannot have fun in the kitchen.


I hope that this post will inspire people to try The Earth Diet and to know that it's more than just eating raw carrots and having extra fruit in your diet. That there are so many recipes and food combinations for you to try. Before I started this I had no idea that I could make chocolate mousse using ingredients such as avocado and cacao powder! 


I've been doing a lot of research on the internet, particularly about eating raw foods. There is so much variety!!! We just have to take the time to learn how to make it all. 


I often mention a cafe that I go to regularly. Gorilla Food. I love it! The vibe in the cafe is amazing, the people are friendly, and they have so much variety of food and drinks to eat. It inspires me to know that I could make this myself! That our food does not have to ever get boring! That we do not need to eat processed foods to be able to have a good time. That there is more flavour and taste and texture in Earth Foods! 


I'm only new to all of this, there is so much for me to learn. But I have to not be afraid to try. As soon as I am home in Australia I plan to buy a dehydrator. There are so many amazing recipes using a dehydrator! And the best thing is, when you use the dehydrator you keep all your nutrients! So everything that you eat will provide and nourish your body. I love it!


At Gorilla Food there is something that I love to eat there. It's called a Pesto Pizza. I desperately want to learn how to make this! I want to point out this food and to share with you what ingredients are in it. To maybe inspire you to also be creative and to want to learn how to make all these wonderful food combinations! Pesto Pizza tastes amazing. 


Ok here is the description for the base/crust of the pizza:
Dehydrated, wheat-free and gluten-free sprouted sunflower seed, buckwheat and carrot, flax seeds crust. 


And the topping:
Topped with a savoury sun-dried tomato sauce and a smothering of aromatic hempseed basil pesto, generously sprinkled with a walnut "cheez" crumble and fresh tomato slices.




Yum !!!!!!!!! It is SO good!!! I just wish they would give me the recipe !!! haha! 


So enjoy being creative and learning! Don't ever think that this lifestyle will be boring! 






My day:


Breakfast- Carrot/Celery/Apple/Ginger juice


Lunch- chicken and asparagus


Dinner- Pesto Pizza and Chocolate Hempseed pie (guess where from!?)


Snacks- Bananas, apples

No comments: