Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 17- Changes

"Always remember that the future comes one day at a time"
- Dean Acheson -



We got our visa!! Dustin's visa to live permanently in Australia has been approved. We are moving back at the end of the year, I'm so excited... and nervous. 


Because today is such an exciting day for us I thought I would share the changes I have found in my body and mind since I've started on The Earth Diet.


  • The complexion in my face has changed considerably. I'm looking brighter and smoother. The pores in my face are smaller and less obvious. 
  • I have more energy! I used to come home from work and need a nap. Now, I come home and I'm full of energy. 
  • I have lost weight. I havn't weighed or measured myself, but I can see it and feel it. I had to buy new jeans because my other jeans were falling off me! 
  • I'm less bloated! My stomach is flatter and more toned looking. 
  • I am more regular in the bathroom... must be all the fibre! 
  • I feel more positive and excited about life. 
  • I am feeling more focussed on the present. I am someone who is generally looking ahead. Nothing wrong with that, but you can often forget to focus on the now. I feel like I am better able to see the "now". 
  • More patient! At the beginning of the Earth Diet I lacked patience. You can read about that here: Day 2, Patience
  • Less afraid of the kitchen. I've never been one to cook. It kinda freaks me out I feel a bit lost in the kitchen. But since being in the Earth Diet I'm more excited about trying to make meals... and I even found out I'm pretty good! ;)
  • I finally mastered being able to make chocolate balls! Before I started the earth diet I tried a few times to make chocolate balls and failed miserably. I feel like I have finally got a grip on it. Today at work, a client and I made chocolate hazelnut balls! Tasted like Nutella! It was so satisfying to be able to create that. 
  • Less cravings for sugar. 
  • Feeling more satisfied when I eat. 
I'll continue to update you on my journey! 


My day:

Breakfast: Celery and carrot juice

Lunch: Sprouts, avocado, tomato, lettuce leaves.  Chocolate hempseed pie. 

Dinner: Quinoa, lentils, cauliflower, beans, snow peas, red pepper, onion, garlic

Snacks: Chocolate hazelnut balls, bananas, apples, plums


No comments: