Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 19 - Carrot Juice



If you would like to see some carrots singing and dancing about how great they are then watch this hahaha





Okay so, I have noticed that my body has been craving carrot juice! What is so good about carrot juice? I don't particularly enjoy the taste of it! Obviously my body is trying to tell me that it needs it. 

  • Carrot juice is a rich source of Vitamin A. 
  • Carrot juice helps improve eye sight! Apparently it can help with our night vision and for our eyes to adjust in dim light. Right now I have to use glasses when I'm reading... will carrots improve my vision!? Only time will tell! 
  • Prevents and treats cancer, such as lung cancer. 
  • Helps regulate and controls blood sugar. 
  • Helps your body to fight fatigue and stress. 
  • It is anti-inflammatory ! Also, carrots help to treat cuts and wounds (who would have thought)
  • A home remedy to diarrhoea.
  • Helps with problems with itchy and dry skin! As it got colder here in Canada my legs became sooo itchy and dry. I've noticed they are back to their smooth self again! 
  • Helps with dandruff. 
  • Helps with coughing!
  • For breastfeeding women, it improves the quality and quantity of breast milk. 

And for all the ladies, what are the beauty benefits of carrot juice???
  • As I mentioned earlier, it helps with dry skin! My legs are beautifully silky and smooth. 
  • Strengthens hair skin and nails
  • People have reported that from drinking carrot juice they notice a glow in their complexion.


I still find it so amazing to all the benefits that different foods can do for our bodies! I love that a good beauty regimen isn't necessarily about what you put on your body but what you put in your body! I love that I can eat all these fruits and vegetables and know that not only is it satisfying my hunger, but that they are also fighting disease and giving me more vitality and energy! It makes me want to stay away from empty foods such as Mc Donalds or sugar. Sure, Mc Donald's may fill you up, but that's all it does. Fills you up and fattens you out. It gives us no benefits what so ever. Why would I want to waste my meal time and calories on foods like that? I just want to feed my body with nutrient dense foods!

So bottoms up, drink up your carrot juice! 



My Day:

Breakfast: Poached eggs, tomatoes. Carrot/celery/apple juice. Yeh!

Lunch: banana/mango/pineapple/apple smoothy

Dinner: Salad, Pesto Pizza from Gorilla Food- my favourite raw vegan organic cafe! Chocolate hempseed pie

Snacks: Banana/mango/pineapple/apple smoothy

Exercise: Walking

No comments: