Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 26- Choices

"Choosing to live your life by your own choice is the greatest freedom you will ever have."
- Dr. Shad Helmstetter -


Today I made a choice. It was a small choice. But in the choice I felt empowered and I felt a freedom. I have discovered that when you make a choice for yourself out of the heat of the moment, when you are not fighting your will, you feel free and you don't feel guilty for that choice.

Tonight Dustin and I went to the movies to see New Years Eve. It wasn't the greatest of all movies, so if you want to save your money maybe wait until it comes out on TV. So, normally when I go to the cinemas I purchase fountain diet-coke and a big bag of maltesers. It has pretty much been a tradition of mine since I was a little girl. The tradition started when my dad picked me up from my after-school activity and he told me that instead of going home he was taking me to the movies! We went to see Beethoven and I remember that we were the only ones in the cinema! I was so excited that my dad surprised me with this movie, and it was just him and I! My brother and sister weren't invited! I felt so special. But the best part of it was when he brought me a big bag of Maltesers. I was so amazed because it was before dinner haha. Pretty much since that moment, I always buy Maltesers when I go to the movies.



As I was saying... it was in the afternoon when we thought we'd go to the movies that night. I didn't feel like chocolate. I felt strong in my will. There were no particular cravings for sugar. I would have been semi-happy with mandarins. But I made a decision that that evening I would treat myself to Maltesers. I decided that once in a while it's okay to treat myself like this. I definitly do not want to make it a habit. But I feel like because I made this choice without any pressure, without cravings... I was able to enjoy that bag of Maltesers, and I was able to stop at that and have no more. I think if I had decided that when I was grumpy, negative and craving sugar I would have felt guilty... defeated... a failure.

Instead, I feel empowered in my choices. I feel strong. I have no regrets. And I'm happy.


My Day:

Breakfast- Pineapple, apple, mango, berries, banana, flaxseed smoothy

Lunch- Mandarins, Yam fries

Dinner- Lime Salad and Sesame chicken! (again! It is so delicious!!!)

Snacks- Berries, mandarins, maltesers

No comments: