Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 29- Honey and coconut baths

So, I'm still feeling pretty shitty! My body is exhausted, I'm in pain and to top all of that off a few stressful things have happened in regards to moving home to Australia.

But that is okay!! Because everything will work itself out. Everything is going to be okay. That's the way life is. Life always has it's ups and downs but in the end it eventually levels out.

We can always help the situation though by looking after ourselves. After a long, hard, achy day I ran myself a nice hot bath. There is nothing better than that when it's raining outside, your bones are cold, you have a headache and everything feels a little too much to handle.

To help the bath be the best possible bath ever I added a few ingredients that I love to cook with.

Raw organic honey

and...
Organic Coconut Oil




It smelt delicious and felt delicious on my body. The water had a sleek oil feel to it. I could feel my skin loving it and soaking it up. As well as my hair! I felt rejuvenated, relaxed and a calmer presence. I often use Coconut oil on my skin and hair (I'll write about this at a later date!)... it was however the first time I used it in the bath. And honey, I went on a whim with that one! I've only ever ate it but I figured it couldn't be bad for me. Apparently raw honey helps to relieve pain, calm the nerves and acts as in anti-inflammatory. There are many many other benefits, that at a later date I'll write about, but these three are what stuck out to me. Perhaps because that is what I needed at the time.
When I got out of the bath my skin was soft, smooth and silky. My hair feels oily (from the coconut oil) and I left it in over night, so that when I washed it out the next day my hair was soft and shiny and healthy.

I felt delicous!


My Day:

Breakfast- Celery/Carrot/Ginger/Apple/Orange/Banana/Rasberry/Flaxseed smoothy

Lunch- Leftovers from last night... Beef, quinoa, vegies etc

Dinner- I felt so out of it and ill that I didn't have dinner. I forced myself to at least have a carrot/celery/apple juice.

Snacks- I drank lemon water all day, apples

1 comment:

Amie said...

Hi Samantha..

Loved this idea.. I had a honey and coconut oil bath over the holidays and my skin was so soft afterwards..