Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 28- Detox

"The best way to detoxify is to stop putting toxic things into the body and depend upon it's own mechanisms."
- Andrew Weil -

I think my body is going through the detox process again. I thought that after the first week I was fine, but I have been feeling like toxins and ick has been coming out of my body. Physically I feel AWFUL. But, emotionally/spiritually I'm feeling incredible. This is a necessary process! This is only going to make me feel BETTER. Healthier. Stronger!

I've been very tired (cannot stop sleeping!), my muscles and body ache, I have headaches and stomach cramps. My skin had a small breakout! At first I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. But after doing some reading on the internet I realize that this is all part of the process. I am getting cleaner on the inside.

I'm feeling positive and I'm feeling alive (except physically haha).

If anyone out there is beginning the Earth Diet or are in the midst of it... don't be discouraged when moments like this happen! It's all part of the cleansing process. Keep yourself hydrated and stay positive. Your body is getting healthier! Sometimes it just hurts to do that!

It reminds me of a drug addict. I think of this because I WORK with drug addicts and see this over and over again. When a person decides to clean themselves up... the process is BRUTAL. Absolutely brutal for the person. They vomit, sweat, feel anxious, feel like death. Temptations are everywhere. They are fighting within themselves! But it's part of the process to a new healthier person.

Processed and chemical foods are like drugs. It's addictive and it does no good for our body. When you first eat it, it makes you FEEL GOOD... but you're left craving more. You don't even realize how dependant you are on the food until you try to stop eating it.

Be encouraged, don't give up.



My day:

Breakfast- Carrot/Celery/Ginger/Apple juice

Lunch- Honey chicken and lime spinach, yams

Dinner- Beef, mixed vegetables, quinoa. I made a marinate using orange juice, ginger, onion, garlic, red pepper.

Snacks- Mandarins, spinach, I've been drinking lemon water all day

No comments: