Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 25- Discovery

"But I'm an adventurer. I like invention, I like discovery."

- Karlheinz Stockhausen-


Tonight Dustin and I discovered a new recipe. What I love about the Earth Diet is that there are so many food combinations that I had never even thought possible. I feel like because I have cut out processed foods, my taste buds are able to discover new flavours and combinations that come from fresh food.

I'm discovering that on the Earth Diet I am enjoying foods that I once did not like. I used to not like mushrooms, celery, brocolli, beans- and now I enjoy it all !

I want to share this incredible meal that Dustin and I had tonight! We found the recipe on The Earth Diet website. The photo I am providing is also from the website. So full credit to them! And I strongly encourage you try some of their other recipes too! So far each thing we have cooked from this page has been amazing!!!!

Lime Salad with Sesame Chicken

Serves 2

Ingredients:
-Baby spinach
-Lime
-Free range organic chicken
-Garlic
-Fresh or dried rosemary
-Honey
-Olive oil
-Sesame seeds

Action:
1. Put baby spinach in two bowls and squeeze lime juice all over it!
2. Cut garlic into small chunks, cut chicken into cubes
3. Heat pan with olive oil, add garlic, fry for one minute
4. Add chicken and cook until it has just turned white then add a couple tablespoons of honey and fresh rosemary. Use as much or little as you like depending on taste.
5. Cook chicken until ready then serve over baby spinach
6. While the juices of that are drizzling over the salad, toss sesame seeds for a couple minutes in the pan and then serve on top!


If you have any great meal ideas, please share! I'd love to try some of your favourite recipes!

Love to you all. x


My day:

Breakfast- Ginger/Carrot/Celery/Apple/Banana smoothy

Lunch- Poached eggs, avocado

Dinner- Lime Salad with Sesame Chicken

Snacks- mandarins, frozen mango, frozen berries

No comments: