Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 2- Patience

"Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success."
- Brian Adams
Day 2 was about patience for me.  I am so excited to be on The Earth Diet; not only for my health, but also because of what I can learn about myself and about the world. I have found that when I take away all the garbage food from my life I am better able to have clarity. I feel more connected to my surroundings... and it's only day 2! How exciting!

I'd like to think of myself as a patient person. To be a Youth Worker I feel it's a quality that you need to have, especially when working with high risk youth. Not a lot of things bother me, even the most annoying of all people I could spend hours with. But for some reason, Day 2 I lacked patience. Every little thing was pissing me of. Interactions I had with people were hard to bear. All day I just wanted to punch myself in the face! I was so cranky and tired and didn't want to be around people. I feel like it's because I'm detoxing from all the poison I have been drinking. The headache I had was worst than the first day (understandable). I was tired... probably because Diet coke was my pick-me-up drink (I'm not a coffee drinker. I'd either drink water or Diet Coke) I felt so frustrated with everything.

By the afternoon I had to sit myself down and give myself a little pep talk. I realized that for years and years and years I have been filling my body with garbage. How can I expect to suddenly feel awesome only after 2 days? I need to be patient with my body and with myself. I can't expect my body to heal over night. I have to let it do it's thing and purge all the toxins out of my body. In the meantime, I'm going to have to try and practice patience extra hard when I'm around people! (God, I feel sorry for them)

I desperately wanted to go boxing after work. But I felt like I had to listen to my body. My body was telling me it is exhausted (probably working overtime to get rid of all this shit!), I had a cranking headache, and my muscles felt weak. If I hadn't given myself the pep talk earlier, I probably would have felt like giving up and thinking that eating from the Earth and being healthy is all bullshit. 

I went home and rested. I was craving potatoes (normally I don't let myself eat potatoes) so I cooked some. Had a hot bath. Dustin and I spent some time talking about the Earth Diet, watching The Earth Diet You Tube videos, and then I went to bed. I went to bed feeling positive and excited knowing that my body is in the midst of cleansing and healing itself!



My day:

Breakfast: Protein shake, bananas

Lunch: Chicken, mixed lettuce, carrots, broccoli, cucumber

Dinner: Home made fries (good comfort food!), Chicken

Snacks: Macadamia nuts, almonds, cashews, apples, bananas

Exercise: None

No comments: