Monday, November 14, 2011

The Earth Diet

Okay... so here it is. I'm beginning The Earth Diet.

Basically, it's about living off the foods provided by the earth. No more chemicals. No more preservatives. There are a few things I'm not willing to give up just yet... my whey protein shakes (but when the tub is finished I won't buy anymore!), the birth control pill and the occasional glass of alcohol! I'm not even going to allow myself to feel guilty for not wanting to give these things up... For years in my life I lived under a cloud of guilt, feeling guilty for everything I did or did not do, I am not prepared to feel that way again.

Other than that, I will have anything and everything that the earth gives! Meat (yes, I'm a meat eater), eggs, veggies, fruit, nuts and all that yummy goodness!!! I feel like it has been a transition, and I have gotten to a place where I'm loving raw veggies and eating more fruit. Only a couple of years ago I would have never even thought to eat raw veggies. A couple of years ago I was much heavier and unhealthier also!

I'm excited to explore and learn more about healthy eating too. In the past year I have taken up a great interest in nutrition and what that looks like for me. I realized that over the years I have abused my body and treated it with so much disrespect. It's time that I love my body and nourish it and treat it the way it deserves to be treated. I'm tired of battering it and making it feel like it isn't beautiful. My body is beautiful and I need to care for it!

The biggest hurdle I am going to face is giving up Diet Coke. I have been a Diet Coke addict for more years than I can remember. I have tried quitting in the past and it has always been horrendous. The withdrawal symptoms are the worst. But I know that once I get through the first week I will be okay. I was planning on beginning the Earth Diet on the weekend, as I know to expect headaches and crankiness. etc. But this morning as I was chowing down morning chocolate and a can of Diet Coke I felt so disgusted with myself that I knew I had to start today. So I poured the rest of the drink down the sink and began.
My goals are:
  • To feel good
  • To lose weight (I am still slightly overweight)
  • I want to try and take a photo of my face everyday so that I can see the changes that eating from the Earth will do. I probably won't post this though until I actually see significant changes ;)
Okay that's it for now!
Cheers,
Sam

No comments: