Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 11- Glorious Food !!

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

- J.R.R. Tokien-


Ahhhh! I love food! I love good food and health. I love how food has the potential to either make you healthy or sick. I choose health! 

Firstly I just want to give a shout out to my uncles Ian and Peter. Love you both soo much and I'm so glad you are reading my blog :) I'm so glad that you guys are choosing to live healthy. You're both my inspiration and I cannot wait to see you again. Once we are back in Australia we will make sure we come and visit you. Love you! 

I just want to share with you all what I had today. It was such a tasty day. I almost felt guilty because it tasted so good that I felt like I was eating junk food. And I wasn't. Which I think is fantastic. I think alot of people think that when they embark on a journey of changing their lifestyle and diet, that it is going to be boring and bland food. However, if you educate yourself and actually go out of your way to find the right ingredients, and set time apart in your day to prepare a healthy meal... you'll find that real food is the tastiest and the most fulfilling! 

I slept in yesterday and didn't have a chance to eat breakfast (not good!) so I had a handful of cashews on my way out of the door. After my appointments I then went to my favourite organic raw vegan cafe Gorilla Food and had this....


It was so so so so yum! It was the most amazing chocolate pie I have had. The texture was smooth and creamy and the flavour bursted in my mouth. Some of the ingredients in it was cacao, hempseeds, dates, coconut. I really want to learn how to make something like this. 

And the smoothy was called a "Strawberry zing". It had strawberries, bananas, hempseeds, orange and ginger. Delicious! Every now and then I buy that smoothy on my way into work. Love it!

For dinner I cooked the most scrumptious meal. Dustin loved it. You have to understand something about us here.... I am not good at cooking! Dustin generally always kicks me out of the kitchen and does the cooking for us. But I'm so determined to be able to cook real healthy delicious food, so he let me in the kitchen last night hahahaaaaa. 

We got the recipe from theearthdiet.org, so make sure you check out that web page for other recipe ideas! The meal I made was a Sweet Meat Stir-Fry, for the exact details go to the web page... but basically I made a marinade using orange juice (freshly squeezed!) ginger, garlic, red pepper and honey. The vegetables I used was snow peas, broccoli, red pepper and beans. And instead of using brown rice we had Quinoa. AMAZING. Try it!

One more thing before I love you and leave you. Last night we caught up with some friends at a macaroni and cheese restaurant.. I was able to go, enjoy myself, look at the food, and not want any. I drank a bottle of water and still had fun. When I got home I was so proud of myself. In the past there is no way I would be able to sit there and not try anything or buy my own meal. 

My day:

Breakfast- cashews

Lunch- Strawberry zing smoothy, chocolate pie

Dinner- Sweet Meat stir fry as found on The Earth Diet website.

Snacks- Orange/apple/blueberry/grape juice, cashews, and an apple. 



No comments: