Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 4- Preparation



"Before anything else, preparation is the key to success." 
- Alexander Graham Bell-


I feel like today has been a great day! I feel positive, energetic, excited and at peace. However, I have to admit... at the beginning of the day I broke the Earth Diet!

How?

Today was my day off from work. I slept in, woke up at about 10am... was absolutely starving. And there was nothing in the house for me to eat. Except... some bread. And after having some crazy dreams (the dreams were about Kit Kats and Diet Coke!) I felt so vulnerable and I made myself some toast with honey. At least the bread was more on the healthier side, it was very nutty and full of whole grains. 

Anyways, I realised after that that if I want to be successful on The Earth Diet then I need to be prepared! It's all about preparation! If you are going to go out, you need to know how long you will be out for and if you are prepared for it! Otherwise you'll end up working yourself into starvation and you will eat whatever food is there for you. 

I didn't let myself feel down or guilty, but decided I'd learn from this and move on. 

Despite having to get fillings done at the dentist, I ended up having a fantastic day! I caught up with a friend and she told me about a supermarket here- Whole Foods Market. Oh my goodness! When I walked in I felt like I was in heaven. It was a supermarket much bigger than any normal supermarket... and it stocked healthy, organic foods! And it was environmentally friendly too! They had a body section, and all the soaps/shampoos/conditioners/etc were all natural and organic and good for you! They had everything and anything you could think of! It was amazing! I will definitely be doing my weekly shop there from now on! They even had a health food cafe and a juice bar! On our way out we brought ourselves some yummy smoothies! So good! 

My day:

Breakfast: Toast and honey! (ahhh!)

Lunch: Apple pie... the earth way! I had this delicious desert at Gorilla Food

Dinner:  I made this delicious meal tonight... Quinoa, coconut oil, beans, broccoli, tomato, onion, red pepper (capsicum), mushroom. Yummmmmm

Snacks: Baby Mandarins, Banana/Raspberry/Apple Juice Smoothy, Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle from Gorilla Food

Exercise: Lots and lots of walking! 


No comments: