Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 3- Water

"Water is the best of all things"
Pindar (C. 522-C. 438 B.C) Olympian Odes


Water!!!! I love it!!!! 

Day 3 was such a good day! It was the first day that I didn't have a headache, I felt less cranky, and I felt awesome!!! I also have a new appreciation for water! 

I've been drinking water so much, and I'm loving it. I literally feel it in my cells! Water is known as the life source to our world and ourselves. Without water we would have nothing, and be nothing. Water makes the world beautiful! Water is what gives life to our animals, the trees, grass, flowers, fish, whales, and ourselves! 

Allaboutwater.org tells us that:
  • Roughly 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water.
  • At birth, water accounts for approximately 80 percent of an infant’s body weight.
  • A healthy person can drink about three gallons (48 cups) of water per day.
  • Pure water (solely hydrogen and oxygen atoms) has a neutral pH of 7, which is neither acidic nor basic.
  • Water dissolves more substances than any other liquid. Wherever it travels, water carries chemicals, minerals, and nutrients with it.
  • Somewhere between 70 and 75 percent of the earth’s surface is covered with water.
  • Much more fresh water is stored under the ground in aquifers than on the earth’s surface.
  • The earth is a closed system, similar to a terrarium, meaning that it rarely loses or gains extra matter. The same water that existed on the earth millions of years ago is still present today.
  • The total amount of water on the earth is about 326 million cubic miles of water.
  • Of all the water on the earth, humans can used only about three tenths of a percent of this water. Such usable water is found in groundwater aquifers, rivers, and freshwater lakes.
  • By the time a person feels thirsty, his or her body has lost over 1 percent of its total water amount.

Since quitting Diet Coke I have been able to drink more water. And already I feel the difference. I feel alive, refreshed and energised!  

My day:

Breakfast: Protein shake, bananas, eggs

Lunch: Chicken, brocoli, carrots, cucumber, mixed lettuce leaves.

Dinner: Potato

Snacks: Macadamia nuts, almonds, cashews, apples, bananas

Exercise: Boxing, followed by the sauna! 



No comments: