Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 8 - Jojoba Oil

"Jojoba Plant"

I wanted to share with you all one of my best friends when it comes to skin and hair care. Jojoba Oil. I have been using Jojoba oil for a couple of years now, and it has quickly become a part of my daily beauty regimen.

Firstly, what is Jojoba Oil ?

It's not actually an oil, but it is a wax that is extracted from the seeds of a jojoba plant. The plant is found in Arizona and in parts of Mexico. What is pretty amazing about this is that the structure of the oil/wax is very similar to human sebum. Structurally and chemically, it is the closest you will find to human sebum than any other natural product. That's why it is so good for your skin! (and hair!)

You'll find in most products such as moisturizers, shampoos, conditioners, lip balms that they have some jojoba oil. But it is best to use jojoba oil when it is in it's 100% pure state. I use 100% organic Jojoba oil. If you go to a store to buy it, you should be able to tell the difference in quality in that if it's in it's pure form it will be a golden color, and if it has been processed it will clear and transparent.

The one on the left is what you want to avoid! On the right is Jojoba Oil in it's purest form. That's what I use!

If you would like to know where I buy my from, feel free to ask. I havn't actually ever found it in a store before. I always buy mine online.

Anyways... Why do I love Jojoba oil?

I pretty much use Jojoba oil for everything... I use it for make up removal (excellent for that!), as a face wash (makes my skin soooooo smooth), massage oil, lip balm, in the shower I like to rub my whole body with it- makes your skin soft and supple!

One of my favourite uses is as a hair treatment. You can either put a drop or two in with your shampoo or conditioner, and it helps leave your hair soft and shiny. Or what I like to do is I massage my scalp with it. It is VERY good for dry scalps and dry hair. So, I massage my scalp and I pour a whole heap all over my hair. I comb it through with a tooth comb and then I generally leave it over night. Or you can wash it off in a hour. Don't be alarmed, you will look like you have dipped your head in a bucket of oil! But the next morning, when I wash it out with Shampoo... My goodness... My hair is so so so soft, it is silky, it is extra shiny. I generally find that I receive a lot of compliments for the next few days. I like to do this about once a week. I love it!

For those of us that live in colder conditions... I find that my skin get soooo dry and scaly! After a shower I love to moistourize my body with Jojoba Oil. I have found it to be so helpful and I no longer get the dry and scaly skin.

For those that have acne... It is perfect! It does not clog pores and if you do some research on the internet, you will actually find that it helps fight against acne. It is non-toxic, non-comedogenic and non-allergenic. 

And lastly!! It is antibacterial! Surprisingly, when bacteria and fungus come into contact with Jojoba Oil they will die!


So that's my day 8! I'm loving it and I'm so excited for what Day 9 will bring! :)

(Can you tell I'm in a much happier mood than yesterday?)

My Day:


Breakfast: Protein shake, pinapple/orange/apple juice

Lunch: Kale chips, cashews, almonds

Dinner: Steak and green veggies

Snacks: Plums, pinapple, mandarins

Exercise: Got all the way to the boxing gym... started getting ready... only to realize I forgot my sports bra! So didn't work out :)


No comments: