Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 6- Excitement

"Get excited and enthusiastic about your own dream. This excitement is like a forest fire- you can smell it, taste it, and see it from a mile away."
 -Denis Waitley-




I'm loving the Earth Diet. I never actually thought I would love it this much. If anything, I thought it was going to be harder and more boring. I thought I'd always be hungry. I thought I would always be thinking about the foods I'm missing out on.

But it is so fantastic! It is so fulfilling! It feels good knowing that you are doing something good for yourself!

For the past few mornings I have been waking up and I have been feeling so excited. I'm excited to see the changes in my body. I'm excited to see the changes in my energy levels. My emotional state. Dustin has already mentioned to me that he can see I have so much more energy and vitality! This excites me! For as long as I can remember, I have been someone who is always so fatigued! To get through a day is normally a struggle. But now when it is time for bed I'm still buzzing around. I'm loving the new me. And I'm so excited to see what I'll be like next week, next fortnight, next month! 


It's been exciting to try new foods and to experiment. Day 6 I experimented by trying to make a chocolate nut slab. Did I like it? Not at all ! It was so bitter. Maybe I made it wrong. Maybe my taste buds need re-adjusting. Whatever it is... who cares! It was exciting to try! And I'll keep on trying until I can make a chocolate treat that is to die for and that I love.


This is exactly what I need for my life right now. It has been so de-stressing. A little about my situation... My fiance and I live in Canada. He is Canadian and I am Australian. Let's just say, I hate the cold. And in Canada it is f.r.e.e.z.i.n.g! So we've been here for just over a year... and we are hanging to be able to go back to Australia. But we're waiting on Immigration. We have applied for a partner visa and now we are just sitting here playing the waiting game just waiting for Dustin's visa. Once he gets his visa we are leaving here and moving back to Australia. But we have no idea when this is going to happen. It could happen today... or it could happen in 6 months. Basically living in limbo-land sucks. It is stressful. At times depressing. Especially when you're on facebook and you can see all your friends back at home enjoying a summer! When outside it is either raining or snowing. It's hard for us to make plans for our lives (including planning our wedding!). Basically this whole waiting thing had sapped any source of excitement I've had, it's been a very frustrating process.

But since being on the Earth Diet it has definitely given me something to focus on and to be excited about again :) We will keep you posted when we get our visa!


My Day:


Breakfast: Banana/Apple/Pineapple/Grape/Blueberry smoothy. Yuuummmmmm!

Lunch: Quinoa dish with coconut oil, red pepper, onion, mushroom, garlic, tomato, beans and broccoli.

Dinner: Chicken

Snacks: Banana smoothy, baby mandarins

Exercise: Trying to keep warm ;)

No comments: